I verified both your suggestions - I did have the proper spelling in both files - just tried it again and it all worked. It didn't when I posted - just need the word from you I guess!
Don't know what changed from last night to this afternoon - but it working now - the only thing I did was - I did shut my Mac down and rebooted it this morning - I wonder if that might have had any effect.
I'll try it on my app - as opposed to the Sencha default app and see how it goes.
Thanks again for your help and your projects
PS: Perhaps you can just an add a note on the screencast to follow directions the readme file
Also, I added these lines in the cordova.properties (don't know if it is needed or not )