Thread: Exporting Grid Panel content to xml (Server Side)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Answered: Exporting Grid Panel content to xml (Server Side)

Hello Everyone,

I'm developping a web application using ExtJS 4.1 components, I want to extract the content of Grid Panel to Excel format or something readable like Excel. The server side is coded with c#.
    I searched for threads in this forum, but they don't seem to work with ExtJS 4.1 version.

Any help would be appreciable !

2. You send the filters with the request of course and you extract the data from the database according to these filters.

I think there are not much example found where griddata (that comes from a server) is send back to that server. Just make a request with the filters and the desired dataset and pull that data out of the database.

Ext JS Premium Member tvanzoelen's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Where is the data from the grid coming from? From the server or is it user input?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by tvanzoelen View Post
    Where is the data from the grid coming from? From the server or is it user input?
    Thanks for your attention.
    It's coming from the server, specifically from a SQL database. So the server will generate the xls file and send a link to the client !

Answers
    Vote Rating

In that case why you don't generate a xml file directly from the database data?

I think the best way to do it is post a request to your server (from a button in the grid or something), generate xml in stead of json and serve the file.

Serving a file you can do with a hidden iframe

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The problem , is that I have a filter beside the datagrid, so i'm not willing to export the whole database, just the lines resulting from a search with this filter, unless the client chose to export all the data. So I'm guessing the whole work will be server side (c#) , I think that there are solutions to do such thing, I just can't find the right one.

Answers
    Vote Rating

You send the filters with the request of course and you extract the data from the database according to these filters.

I think there are not much example found where griddata (that comes from a server) is send back to that server. Just make a request with the filters and the desired dataset and pull that data out of the database.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by tvanzoelen View Post
    You send the filters with the request of course and you extract the data from the database according to these filters.

I'll take a look at that ! thanks for the quick answer ! Have a nice day !