Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 324

Thread: EXTJS 5.x inprogess?

  1. #311
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    28
    Vote Rating
    0
      0  

    Default

    Is it available in public access?

  2. #312
    Sencha User nomack84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Quito, Ecuador
    Posts
    272
    Vote Rating
    211
      0  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiulkin View Post
    I see the download link in my support control panel!!!!!!
    Is this true or you are just joking?
    Ext is terrific!!

  3. #313
    Sencha Premium Member Zdeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    763
    Vote Rating
    75
      0  

    Default

    It is true - Ext JS 5.0.0 (Beta) Apr 3rd, 2014. All premium members have access to beta trough support portal.

  4. #314
    Sencha User nomack84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Quito, Ecuador
    Posts
    272
    Vote Rating
    211
      0  

    Default

    WTF... I so much hate right now that I can't be a premium member... Well, I guess I'll just need to wait a bit longer.
    Ext is terrific!!

  5. #315
    Sencha - Sr Software Engineer mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    39,556
    Vote Rating
    1272
      0  

    Default

    Not yet officially announced but for forums for Ext 5... look around for anything new.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
    ________________
    Learn BBCode and use it! Checkout the CODE tag!

    Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS and Sencha Touch
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

  6. #316
    Sencha - Sr Software Engineer mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    39,556
    Vote Rating
    1272
      2  
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
    ________________
    Learn BBCode and use it! Checkout the CODE tag!

    Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS and Sencha Touch
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

  7. #317
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    628
    Vote Rating
    40
      0  

    Default

    Awesome! Are promises part of Ext JS 5? At SenchaCon I heard they were going to be but I can't find them in the API.

  8. #318
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    501
    Vote Rating
    464
      0  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by estesbubba View Post
    Awesome! Are promises part of Ext JS 5? At SenchaCon I heard they were going to be but I can't find them in the API.
    I believe the Promises mentioned at SenchaCon were for Sencha Space, and those are very basic. If you want a full, Promises/A-compliant implementation, Deft JS includes this. Obviously, we're already working on updating Deft to support Ext JS 5.

  9. #319
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    628
    Vote Rating
    40
      0  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brian428 View Post
    I believe the Promises mentioned at SenchaCon were for Sencha Space, and those are very basic. If you want a full, Promises/A-compliant implementation, Deft JS includes this. Obviously, we're already working on updating Deft to support Ext JS 5.
    Well I'm already using Deft JS for promises so that saves me some upgrade time! I've been on the fence about using Deft DI since I thought our Deft dependency might go away if Ext JS 5 had promises. If Ext JS 5 doesn't include promises I might as well use more of what Deft JS offers!

  10. #320
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    501
    Vote Rating
    464
      0  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by estesbubba View Post
    Well I'm already using Deft JS for promises so that saves me some upgrade time! I've been on the fence about using Deft DI since I thought our Deft dependency might go away if Ext JS 5 had promises. If Ext JS 5 doesn't include promises I might as well use more of what Deft JS offers!
    DI/IoC is really useful and flexible. There are good reasons why most of the Java world uses Spring! This is definitely something we'll be continuing in "Deft JS 5" (or whatever we call it).

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •