Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
The entire application freeze when scroll fast the List view component
Ext version tested:
Browser versions tested against:
- iPhone 4; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X / AppleWebKit/536.26
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- After 5 seconds of scrolling fast the List view from top to bottom and backwards several times then entire application just freeze. I have to restart the entire application again. Nothing works after the freeze happen.
The result that was expected:
- Go to the Kitchen Sink and then go to the List view component, then scroll fast from top to bottom, then after 5 seconds of scrolling the app will freeze. This is very critical
The result that occurs instead:
- Smooth scrolling. no freeze at all.
- The entire Application freeze after scrolling fast a List view from top to bottom. (5 seconds exactly of scrolling from top to bottom and bottom to top ).
I could reproduce this after like 2 seconds with 2.2.0 alpha but testing with the latest code I cannot reproduce this so looks like this may have been fixed.
Thanks. How can I get the latest code. is there a public github repo or something ?
Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens
The latest code meaning the code for the next release. We don't give the latest code out publicly.
Originally Posted by debianw
We check in 2.2.1 and there is always the same problem.
Someone has a workaround ?
The problem occurs on iPhone 5 and iPad 2.
Ext JS Premium Member
We are also seeing this issue on iPhone 4, 5, and iPads. The key for us to reproduce this easily and consistenly is scrolling top to bottom to top and especially it seems when you finger swipes over the top title/toolbar. This can be reproduced with 100% of the time, and we are using Touch 2.2.1.
Hopefully this gets fixed soon as scrolling with lists is a fundamental and basic required feature that needs to be reliable.
I Hope but we have this bug since 2 versions of sencha and it is always not fixed.
Ext JS Premium Member
As an update for others, it seems that setting config option infinite: false may have worked around the issue for us.
This is still not ideal because we have to be careful to limit the number of list items. Still hoping for a proper fix.