25 Jan 2013 3:14 AM #1
[Sencha Cmd] Add Defaultemail@example.com to Sencha Touch app template (for iPhone 5)
Ext version tested:
- Sencha Cmd v188.8.131.528
- Sencha Touch v2.1.0
- After creating a new Sencha Touch app with 'sencha generate app', folder resources/loading contains default "Sencha-style" PNG images for the startup screens of native iOS apps, both for iPhone and iPad -- it now has all the necessary versions of those except the Defaultfirstname.lastname@example.org file required for iPhone 5-ready native iOS apps.
- Create a new Sencha Touch app with 'sencha generate app'
- Build the app with 'sencha app build native'
- Load the app on iPhone 5 and start the app
- Even with the default Sencha resources the app is able to start using the full screen resolution on iPhone 5 (i.e. 640x1136)
- The application starts fine, but in the "iPhone 4(S)"-resolution (i.e. 640x960)
- Manually create a 640x1136 PNG file, name it Defaultemail@example.com and copy it to the Sencha Cmd installation (sub)folder, at the following (sub-)path: ./Cmd/184.108.40.2068/plugins/touch/current/templates/App/resources/loading
- You may use the attached PNG file for this purpose (if Sencha guys don't mind this quickly added unofficial version created from their other default PNG files)
25 Jan 2013 9:33 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Gainesville, FL
- Vote Rating
Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.
27 Jan 2013 8:06 PM #3
I was able to use your steps and get a test project to show up with full iPhone 5 resolution in the simulator, but this involved making a 'native build' as per your steps, and dragging the file into the simulator's Application folder. Is there a way to build an app withCode:
sencha package run packager.json
28 Jan 2013 1:59 AM #4
I should be able to get back to you request, to try myself and let you know. But there will be a delay on my side with that, I am sorry. (I am more focused on developing native iOS apps with Sencha Touch using Windows platform. I use OS X too, thus should be able to check on it as well, later.)
If the matter is really urgent to you, then I suggest you do a little bit of experimenting yourself, if you're not afraid of it. As a hint, I suggest you check my answer to huberte on a parallel thread, where I commented to him on a scenario similar to yours, though you will need to replace the step of adding iTunesArtwork with a step of adding Defaultfirstname.lastname@example.org to the appropriate folder inside the .ipa archive (the folder where other "Default" PNG files are located). I believe it should be relatively easy to figure out...
Here is the thread I am referring to:
11 Feb 2013 12:42 AM #5
Hi! How to fix the problem in an existing app? I try creating a file Defaultemail@example.com into loading fonder of my project... but still render black space at the top and bottom of the screen...
thanks a lot!
15 Feb 2013 4:48 AM #6