You found a bug! We've classified it as
We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
[Sencha Cmd] Add Defaultfirstname.lastname@example.org to Sencha Touch app template (for iPhone 5)
Ext version tested:
- Sencha Cmd v22.214.171.1248
- Sencha Touch v2.1.0
- After creating a new Sencha Touch app with 'sencha generate app', folder resources/loading contains default "Sencha-style" PNG images for the startup screens of native iOS apps, both for iPhone and iPad -- it now has all the necessary versions of those except the Defaultemail@example.com file required for iPhone 5-ready native iOS apps.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Create a new Sencha Touch app with 'sencha generate app'
- Build the app with 'sencha app build native'
- Load the app on iPhone 5 and start the app
The result that was expected:
- Even with the default Sencha resources the app is able to start using the full screen resolution on iPhone 5 (i.e. 640x1136)
The result that occurs instead:
- The application starts fine, but in the "iPhone 4(S)"-resolution (i.e. 640x960)
- Manually create a 640x1136 PNG file, name it Defaultfirstname.lastname@example.org and copy it to the Sencha Cmd installation (sub)folder, at the following (sub-)path: ./Cmd/126.96.36.1998/plugins/touch/current/templates/App/resources/loading
- You may use the attached PNG file for this purpose (if Sencha guys don't mind this quickly added unofficial version created from their other default PNG files)
Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.
I was able to use your steps and get a test project to show up with full iPhone 5 resolution in the simulator, but this involved making a 'native build' as per your steps, and dragging the file into the simulator's Application folder. Is there a way to build an app with
that runs in the simulator/device and includes this setting for the iPhone 5 resolution? When I tried, I was still getting 3.5" retina size (4/4s), even with the same project.
sencha package run packager.json
I should be able to get back to you request, to try myself and let you know. But there will be a delay on my side with that, I am sorry. (I am more focused on developing native iOS apps with Sencha Touch using Windows platform. I use OS X too, thus should be able to check on it as well, later.)
If the matter is really urgent to you, then I suggest you do a little bit of experimenting yourself, if you're not afraid of it. As a hint, I suggest you check my answer to huberte on a parallel thread, where I commented to him on a scenario similar to yours, though you will need to replace the step of adding iTunesArtwork with a step of adding Defaultemail@example.com to the appropriate folder inside the .ipa archive (the folder where other "Default" PNG files are located). I believe it should be relatively easy to figure out...
Here is the thread I am referring to:
Touch Premium Member
Hi! How to fix the problem in an existing app? I try creating a file Defaultfirstname.lastname@example.org into loading fonder of my project... but still render black space at the top and bottom of the screen...
thanks a lot!
Touch Premium Member