Native packaging contains duplicate files
(Using Sencha Cmd 184.108.40.2068 and Sencha Touch 2.1.1)
Don't know if this is a bug, or something necessary. But when creating a native iOS app, I noticed the file size was unnecessary big. When looking at the contents of the packaged app, there where duplicates of the icons.
I tried to edit the app.json file and remove the two lines that imports the resources/icons and resources/startup folders. Then these folders where not copied, but a side effect was that the icons and startup images in the root where not created correctly.
- Package a native iOS app with the command: "sencha app build native".
- In the root of the packaged file, there are all of the app icons. But they are also placed in a subfolder (resources/icons).
- Also in the root, there are the necessary loading images (Default@2x.png etc). And in the subfolder resources/startup, there are the startup images for web apps (640x920.jpg etc). Aren't these startup images only necessary for web apps added to the homescreen, and not in native apps?
- When packaging a native iOS app, only the necessary icons and startup images should be copied, and no duplicates.
- Startup images that only apply to web apps should not be copied either.
Ext GWT Premium Member
I completely agree with the suggestions and also suggest to improve the documentation a bit as I have spent ages figuring out how to get startup images working in a native app just to find out that they probably only work for web apps running in iOS, which is btw not clear at all from the documentation.
Tags for this Thread