19 Feb 2013 2:16 AM #1
Hard coded check for Bar series in Axis
At line 188 of Axis.js there is a hard coded check for the Bar series.
Code like this prevents users creating their own series. You can see this by just duplicating the Bar series, giving it a new name and trying to use it. This code should be checking properties (or if JS was 'ready'), an interface.
I need to create a overlaid bar series, something thats been available since the early days of Flex 3.
19 Feb 2013 2:30 AM #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- Sydney, Australia
- Vote Rating
Twitter - @evantrimboli
Don't be afraid of the source code!
19 Feb 2013 3:55 AM #3
Ext version tested:
- Ext 4.1.1
- Chrome 24.0.1312.51 m
- Hard coded check for Bar series in Axis.js and get for 'bar' type in Cartesian.js.getAxisForXandYFields() make it difficult to create custom bar series.
- Duplicate Bar.js and try and use it.
- The exact same results as using a standard bar series as the code is the same.
- The chart displays data incorrectly.
Debugging already done:
- In Axis.js line 188 checks the seriesClasses contains Bar and that the series is an instance of Bar.
- In Cartesian.js line 253, checks that the type is 'bar' to decide whether to flip axis.