Thread: Timefield changes from 4.0.7 to 4.1.x

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default Timefield changes from 4.0.7 to 4.1.x

Anyone able to offer any insight as to why timefields have suddenly gained a required config attribute of valueField and are a subclass of combo instead of trigger in the move from 4.0.7 to 4.1?

The reason I ask is I'm trying to track down an error in our code that always fires on trying to create a time field inside an xdatetime control but only when other json stores have been loaded. It sounds weird, I know, and I'm trying to build out a test page to show the issue to you all but in reading the docs on time field, it struck me as a very strange change to make to the core code base.

Further, is there any documentation on these kind of core changes between versions that could help explain the impact to controls using these fields?

I will try post a test version of my code later tonight so you can see the issue in operation.

In the meantime, the error I'm getting is:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'on' of undefined

I'm sure you can appreciate me thinking this is something to do with valueField as it's usually used to bind fields to stores and the error is occurring in the store bind area of the ext code code base - bindStoreListeners

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating

I wasn't part of this discussion but I think it makes sense to have the time field extend combobox as that's what the time field really is.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Frontend Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens