Thread: Equavallent comamnd of "sencha create jsb -a all.html -p all.jsb3" in Sencha CMD

Sencha User

Default Equavallent comamnd of "sencha create jsb -a all.html -p all.jsb3" in Sencha CMD

I have used sencha create jsb -a all.html -p all.jsb3 command to generate my jsb project file dynamically. This used to work when I used Sencha SDK Tools.
    Now I have installed Sencha CMD. But this sencha command does not understand this.

So what will be the equivalent command of "sencha create jsb" on sencha cmd?

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Code:
    sencha app build
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Fullstack Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Code:
    sencha app build
    This command does not generate any .jsb file. It builds.
    I am looking for a way to generate .jsb file. My templates (html) are changed over time and I want to compile a .jsb3 out of these templates. When I get the .jsb3 I build it. The whole process is in a Makefile.

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Cmd doesn't use jsb anymore
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Fullstack Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

I assume you are wanting the JSB file for your own purposes as opposed to passing it on to JSBuilder/SDKTools to produce the concatenated output file?

There are ways to extract this using Sencha Cmd but it would help to know what you are using the JSB file for beyond producing a concatenated JS file.

If that is all you are wanting, then Cmd provides a high-level operation (as Mitchell mentioned) that automates the JS file generation and other things - as you say "a build". But Cmd also has lower-level commands to scan, summarize and concatenate raw JS files using the "sencha compile" command.

Without knowing your goals specifically, I would recommend understanding "sencha app build" and what it offers before pursuing lower-level alternatives. The Cmd team is pushing more features in to the app build process that you would then be able to take advantage of more easily. For example, in Cmd 3.1 (now in beta) we have added packages and package dependency processing to the build process. As an application, you can simple add "requires" statements and the build will integrate the packages into not only the build but also in to your "dev mode" experience by virtue of "sencha app refresh".

Obviously, build process changes are not things to just embark on for no reason, but I think you will find that the high-level path offers many things you might want.

For guides on the recommended path, start here: http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-1/#!/guide/command_app

To dig into the lower-level commands, you can start here: http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-1/#!...and_app_single
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"