Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nmb1106 is on a distinguished road

Default Where do gwt user and dev jars belong in project?

I'm running an ant script to build the war file. It compiles fine when the gwt-user.jar and gwt-dev.jar are in the web-inf/lib directory. However, trying to deploy that war blows tomcat up giving these errors:

INFO: validateJarFile(/home/jvm/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/domains/a.com/CLS/WEB-INF/lib/gwt-dev-2.4.0.jar) - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class Mar 10, 2013 5:54:26 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader validateJarFile INFO: validateJarFile(/home/jvm/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/domains/a.com/CLS/WEB-INF/lib/gwt-user-2.4.0.jar) - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class

Then if I remove those files from that directory I can't build the war. My eclipse project has the jars in question on the class path as external jars. Do I reference them there maybe?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nmb1106 is on a distinguished road

Wow, appologize for the premature post. Was stuck on this for almost a day and just realized these statements :

<exclude name="**/gwt-dev.jar" />
    <exclude name="**/gwt-user.jar" />

But I had left my jar names to be gwt-dev-2.4 and same with user. Dropping the -2.4 or modifying the exclude name to include the -2.4 solves my issue.