Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cannot build package: Ext. dependency not found

Ext GWT Premium Member lefke123's Avatar

It is worth noting that for Ext JS 6 you need to make sure your classic dependencies (e.g. Ext.panel.Panel) are only referred in the classic folder of your package. Just ran into this issue, completely overlooked the obvious.

Sencha User

Any idea how I get this going on ExtJS 6??

I get this:
    Code:
    INF] Loading app json manifest...
    [ERR] Failed to resolve dependency Ext.Viewport for file MyApp.view.Main
    [ERR] 
    [ERR] BUILD FAILED
    [ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.ExNotFound: Unknown definition for dependency : Ext.Viewport
    [ERR] 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Un
    [ERR] known Source)
    [ERR] 
    [ERR] Total time: 4 seconds
    [ERR] The following error occurred while executing this line:

Quote Originally Posted by mazhar.shaikh View Post
    Any idea how I get this going on ExtJS 6?? [/CODE]
    Could you provide us with some more information, like the app config? It could help us find the exact issue.
    Don't forget to vote on posts that you find helpful or not, the feedback can help others improve.

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefke123 View Post
    It is worth noting that for Ext JS 6 you need to make sure your classic dependencies (e.g. Ext.panel.Panel) are only referred in the classic folder of your package. Just ran into this issue, completely overlooked the obvious.
    Hi Lefke,

What do you exactly mean with "classic" folder? I created a simple package running "sencha generate package test-pck", then the package gets created and I have my class directly under src, do I need to have something else?
    This is my example:
    Code:
    Ext.define('Package',{
        extend : 'Ext.panel.Panel',

initComponent : function(){
            // do nothing
        }
    });
    Amazing code, I know. Well, then I still get the message "Unknown definition for dependency : Ext.panel.Panel". More info:

In package.json I commented out "toolkit": "classic", and I added "framework": "ext",
    In sencha.cfg I added the following properties:
    package.framework=ext
    skip.sass=1

Without skip.sass=1 it fails in another place.

This is so frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by A. Llorente View Post
    What do you exactly mean with "classic" folder?
    If you rely on the Ext.panel.Panel you should put your source code under yourapp/classic/src otherwise it won't find the source code for it. That should at least get rid of your 'Unknown definition for dependency' exception.

For the sass exception, could it be that you have already an existing web.xml for another application server (e.g. JBoss or Jetty)? The Sencha Cmd compiler relies on Jetty to run the compilation and minification process. (Sucks, I know.) If not that, then I wouldn't really know how to help you right now.
    Don't forget to vote on posts that you find helpful or not, the feedback can help others improve.

Sencha Premium Member

Oh God, I completely overlooked that there was a classic folder in the root, I was focusing on the src folder... then it worked for me (fully new app with one package containing just one class extending from Ext.panel.Panel). I had to enable framework :'ext' in the package.json to make it build.
    The sass problem (again in an empty environment) is this one:
    Code:
    [ERR] Error: Reference to undeclared variable : $font_icon_font_family at : C:\test\apps\test1/ext/packages/core/sass/var/list/TreeItem.scss:57[ERR]
    [ERR] BUILD FAILED
    [ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.ExBuild: Error: Reference to undeclared variable : $font_icon_font_family at : http://localhost:1842/ext/packages/core/sass/var/list/TreeItem.scss:57
    [ERR]   at com.sencha.ant.AntScript.execute(AntScript.java:116)
    this looks weird, but I don't think it is to be discussed here, I will open a new topic for it.

Thanks for pinpointing the classic folder, totally overlooked. Sometimes you cannot see the forest for the trees.

Cheers! Groetjes
    Last edited by A. Llorente; 17 Sep 2015 at 1:06 AM. Reason: Added link to the newly opened topic

Sencha Premium Member

I just found out that if this property is commented you don't get any code in your package-name.js once it is build:

Code:
    /**
         * The toolkit used by this theme (only for "theme" package type).
         * Themes can specify the toolkit they apply to ("classic" or "modern").
         *    "toolkit": "classic",
         */
        "toolkit": "classic",
    Although the docs says it is only used for theme packages

Ext JS Premium Member

I too am having the same problem, if the code is in the "src" folder instead of the "classic" folder then I get a dependency error.

Does this mean that a package cannot have common code for both toolkits?

From what I understood in the documentation, that is one of the features in version 6.

Can anyone confirm that this is the correct behavior?

And if so, where are we supposed to put the common code?

Thanks!
    Miguel

Sencha Premium Member

I am also getting a similar error... not sure how to resolve it. Can anyone pls help:

[ERR] Failed to resolve dependency Ext.form.field.Text for file Ext.form.CustomText
    [ERR]
    [ERR] BUILD FAILED
    [ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.ExNotFound: Unknown definition for dependency : Ext.
    form.field.Text
    [ERR]
    [ERR] Total time: 2 seconds
    [ERR] The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\Users\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.0.2.14\plugins\ext\current\plugin.xml:427: Th
    e following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.64\webapps\profile\.sencha\app\build-impl.xml:381: The foll
    owing error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.64\webapps\profile\.sencha\app\init-impl.xml:382: com.sench
    a.exceptions.ExNotFound: Unknown definition for dependency : Ext.form.field.Text

Sencha Premium User

Edit the file \packages\local\your_package_name\package.json.
    Change the "classpath" property value adding at the end: ${framework.dir}/build/ext-all-rtl-debug.js

Here is an example:"classpath": "${package.dir}/src,${package.dir}/${toolkit.name}/src,${framework.dir}/build/ext-all-rtl-debug.js",

Tested with extjs6.0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast