Thread: QuickTip and setAnchor don't mix

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-2965 in 3.0.5.
    Sencha Premium Member

Default QuickTip and setAnchor don't mix

GXT 3.0.4

I subclassesd QuickTip and setAnchor(TOP) and the position of the QuickTips are completely wrong. I assign the QuickTip to the parenting container. without setAnchor, the QuickTip assigns itself to each target with a qtip. with setAnchor(TOP), the QuickTip goes to the bottom left of the parenting component instead of the individual components that it's supposed to. setting track mouse, follows the mouse as expected.. but isn't consistent when moving to/from different targets and setAchorToTarget(false) works, but is also inconsistent.

setAnchor to RIGHT/LEFT also doesn't attach to the correct target.

Please advise.

Sencha Premium Member

also, the logic around moving the anchor when there is not enough room is broken, please see screen shots below taken when shrinking the browser window on your demo at this url: http://staging.sencha.com:8080/examp...Place:tooltips

tooltipBug.PNG

even when browser size is restored, the 'new' anchor remains:

tooltipBug2.jpg

Sencha Premium Member

Thanks for the report. I will move this thread to the bugs forum for further investigation.

Sencha Sr Product Manager

The bug is now fixed and will go out in our next release. Alternatively, you can build from SVN or grab a nightly build at https://support.sencha.com/index.php#nightlies.

Brandon