Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
Sencha Premium Member
Bug on changing inputType on a textbox
Architect Build tested:
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Upon changing an Ext.form.field.text componentto a Ext.form.field.number when using the config panel and changing the component type under inputType The config panel does not change to reflect the change in type, it remains as a Ext.form.field.text. The component does change within the Design window (although does not look identical to a Ext.form.field.number component)
The result that was expected:
- Create a new project in Sencha Architect 2.2
- Add a new panel to a view
- Select a text field component and add it to the view
- change input type from config panel to Number type
- Config options does not update
The result that occurs instead:
- Component changes from Ext.form.field.text to Ext.form.field.number then config panel updates to reflect change.
- Component changes from Ext.form.field.text to Ext.form.field.number then config panel remains as Ext.form.field.text and does not allow for changing of other components property's easily.
Screenshot, Project, or Video:
- attached project file, new project, two panels added to view (form type and panel type) each initially had a textfield added and changed using the config to a number type. config panel does not display number properties.
inputType is a configuration that will change the actual dom input type. It does not change the type of class you are using.
You are looking to transform your existing text field to a number field. Right click on it, go to the transform menu and then click Number.