Thread: (TypeError): Unable to get value of the property 'nodeType': object is null or undefi

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium Member

Default (TypeError): Unable to get value of the property 'nodeType': object is null or undefi

Hi,
    I am using GXT 3.0.1GPL with gwt 2.4.
    On IE7 & IE8 I am getting below exception on production mode.I have no problem on IE9, chrome and Firefox.
    On window I get this:com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): Unable to get value of the property 'nodeType': object is null or undefined description: Unable to get value of the property 'nodeType': object is null or undefined number: -2146823281
    On the console:
    com.google.gwt.event.shared.UmbrellaException: One or more exceptions caught, see full set in UmbrellaException#getCauses
    com.google.gwt.event.shared.UmbrellaException: One or more exceptions caught, see full set in UmbrellaException#getCauses
    at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:129)
    at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Widget.fireEvent(Widget.java:129)
    at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.Component.fireEvent(Component.java:293)
    at com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.DomEvent.fireNativeEvent(DomEvent.java:116)
    at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.Component.onBrowserEvent(Component.java:607)
    at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.cell.CellComponent.onBrowserEvent(CellComponent.java:216)
    at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.form.Field.onBrowserEvent(Field.java:318)
    at com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM.dispatchEventImpl(DOM.java:1351)
    at com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM.dispatchEvent(DOM.java:1307)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor114.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:337)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:218)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:269)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
    at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
    at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
    at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:213)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor110.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:292)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:546)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:363)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
    Caused by: com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): Unable to get value of the property 'nodeType': object is null or undefined
    Caused by: com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): Unable to get value of the property 'nodeType': object is null or undefined
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:248)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeBoolean(ModuleSpace.java:184)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeBoolean(JavaScriptHost.java:35)
    at com.google.gwt.dom.client.DOMImplTrident.isOrHasChild(DOMImplTrident.java)
    at com.google.gwt.dom.client.DOMImplTrident.isOrHasChild(DOMImplTrident.java)
    at com.google.gwt.dom.client.Node$.isOrHasChild$(Node.java:280)
    at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.tips.ToolTip.onTargetMouseOver(ToolTip.java:431)
    at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.tips.ToolTip$Handler.onMouseOver(ToolTip.java:95)
    at com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.MouseOverEvent.dispatch(MouseOverEvent.java:65)
    at com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.MouseOverEvent.dispatch(MouseOverEvent.java:1)
    at com.google.gwt.event.shared.GwtEvent.dispatch(GwtEvent.java:1)
    at com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.EventBus.dispatchEvent(EventBus.java:40)
    at com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.SimpleEventBus.doFire(SimpleEventBus.java:193)
    at com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.SimpleEventBus.fireEvent(SimpleEventBus.java:88)
    at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:127)
    ... 32 more
    ... 32 more

I have a tab panel with two tabs.One of the tab has radio buttons, and combo boxes, accordion panel and 5 content panels each of them including a check box tree inside.
    I also tried with the GXT3.0.4 version, but I got the same exception.
    But there is not a scenario during that I get the exception, I click the radios, select data from comboboxes which set data to check boxes in accordion panel.

Thanks
    Ozlem

Sencha User

Can you share a test case that demonstrates this issue, or link to an example that causes an exception when following these same basic steps?

We have the 'standard' bug format to try to get all of these details right away, to ensure that we can reproduce the problem and test it well enough that it cannot come back in a later release.