Thread: Can metadata created by Sencha Architect being generated on command line?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Can metadata created by Sencha Architect being generated on command line?

I'm using ExtJS for web development and we recently need to integrate maven to generate WAR for deployment, so I'm trying to figure out how to automate the following build process,
    Source: All the files produced by Sencha Architect under metadata directory
    -----UNKNOWN Tool-----> js files -> Maven Assembly Plugin -> war

Does any one who has experience on this or know the right tool for me to get started?

Thanks,
    Tim.

Vote Rating

We know of the need for this but it is currently not on our roadmap as we have higher priority things to complete. There are a few requests for it:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...g-command-line
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ata-to-JS-code
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Ouch, that's so sad

Can you ask your team to hardly reconsider putting it back on the roadmap as soon as possible, as the need for build/testing automation becomes more demanding day by day this issue would show its real priority soon.

I'd suggest at least doing a workaround, maybe not a perfect tool but something we can integrate and your team can still extend. I believe there were bunch of people out there can help the integration part including me, you just need to show us the way to do it.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Me three. I can't view this thread unfortunately.

My corp is using ant+hudson for build automation. We are necessarily checking into source control both the /app/ folder and the /metadata/ folder.

One can be generated from the other using [File] > [Save Project As...] but it's a struggle to get people to give Architect the credit it deserves because of this shortcoming. This desirable feature would be very well received.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I've just noticed that the contents of override classes do not exist in the metadata folder at all. So we should respect the interaction of app/metadata folders are more complex than they appear; one isn't entirely generated from the other.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi, I'd be interested in the feature to generate JS files from SA's metadata as well to automate the build process. Any news about this feature? Is it available in cmd 5?

Vote Rating

It's not yet available but we've had discussions about putting this into Cmd in the future.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Are there any news on this feature?