Thread: XTemplate / Conditions / Hyphens in Property-Names

Sencha Premium User

Default XTemplate / Conditions / Hyphens in Property-Names

Hi!

I would like to use a hyphenated property name in an XTemplate condition. I tried many variations of escape characters and special characters but nothing seems to work.

Code:
    '<tpl if="start-date != end-date">',
       'blubb',
    '</tpl>',
    Is this possible at all? Any help is very much appreciated.

Horst

The "-" character implies subtraction in Javascript. You can use them if you use subscript notation to acess the values, but if you are in control of the property names, then use valid ones like "startDate" and "endDate".

Sencha Premium User

Hi -

thanks for your quick reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    The "-" character implies subtraction in Javascript. You can use them if you use subscript notation to acess the values, but if you are in control of the property names, then use valid ones like "startDate" and "endDate".
    I know that the hyphen has a special meaning. I just couldn't manage to use subscript notation in XTemplate conditions. I do want to use hyphens in my property-names in order to match them with the element-names in the XML-documents I am getting from the server.

I think I found a solution - although a really ugly looking one:

Code:
    '<tpl if="values[&quot;start-date&quot;].valueOf() != values[&quot;end-date&quot;].valueOf()">',
    Properties start-date and end-date are of type Date. I still don't understand why I have to use the method valueOf() though.