Thread: SASS Example Folder Purpose

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Question SASS Example Folder Purpose

When I generate an app using Sencha Cmd, I'm seeing an 'example' folder placed under the 'sass' folder.

I also notice that references/properties referring to this folder are scattered throughout the build & property files.

When I build the application I get an [appname]-example.css which seems superfluous to the application.

Can I ask exactly what is the purpose of this folder and its contents and if not needed, is there a way to exclude it from the build?

Thanks in advance.

M

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Miggins View Post
    When I generate an app using Sencha Cmd, I'm seeing an 'example' folder placed under the 'sass' folder.

I also notice that references/properties referring to this folder are scattered throughout the build & property files.

When I build the application I get an [appname]-example.css which seems superfluous to the application.

Can I ask exactly what is the purpose of this folder and its contents and if not needed, is there a way to exclude it from the build?

Thanks in advance.

M
    From what I understand, when you build the package, the example folder gets copied to the build folder, where the image slicer creates a screenshot of the rendered theme.html file, and then slices any relevant rounded borders, gradients, etc. for use in older browsers (e.g., < IE9).

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

To reduce noise and toe-tapping time, try adding this to ./sencha/app/sencha.cfg:

Code:
    skip.sass=true
    skip.slice=true
    skip.theme=true
    I believe the example output is used to display every component on a single page, which is a great help when developing a theme.

It does not seem to be as pretty or comprehensive as the prior theme tester.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Cheers guys - starting to make a bit more sense now.

M