Came in this morning to find a notification of the new release of Architect 2.2; downloaded and installed, but it now fails to open. No error message, no logs, nothing. Zip. I'm running a VMware 64bit Windows 7 - anyone else having an issue?
Thanks for the reply - note that I've taken the following steps in the interim:
1. Uninstalled all Sencha Architect versions (there were 3 which were still showing in the Programs Manager).
2. Reinstalled build 971 so I can continue developing.
3. After reading your email this morning, reinstalled the new patch and verified that the bug still exists.
Yes, there is an executable in the directory structure (two, actually - Sencha Architect.exe and wow_helper.exe). Running Sencha Architect.exe brings up a blank window with Desktop Packager in the title. Nothing else happens. The wow_helper brings up an incompatible version error:
The version of this file is not compatible...yada yada yada.
The following directory structure is present in c:/Users/LegalEdge\ Developer/AppData/Local/Sencha:
Interesting. Yes, it did ask me to upgrade when I started...but only once. After I upgraded/downgraded/upgraded again, it no longer asked. The install package .exe which worked is 41243 kb in size. Looking through the properties section, I can see that it is 2.2.1.000951. The install package .exe which results in the non-running version is 41264 kb in size. It shows 2.2.2.000971.
And the real interesting thing is that the splash screen shows 2.2.2, build 971. This information is echoed in the Help -> About section.
If no one else is experiencing an issue, I'm happy to close this and check out the upgrade path at the next migration. It isn't causing me any dramas other than a bit of "hmmm" head scratching.
Well, I can't reproduce the error anymore. I installed an older version of Sencha Architect (I believe it was the 2.0) and it worked fine. After that, in order to try to reproduce the problem I installed the 2.2 version and it also worked fine.
That could lead 3 conclusions:
1) The 2.2 installer is missing something that is present in the 2.0 installer
2) The 2.0 uninstaller is leaking something (a registry key maybe?) that is not getting deleted and that fixes the 2.2 installer problem.
3) Installing an older version first and then installing the new version fixes the symptom.