Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple Store Upload fails with "Non-public API" usage error

Default Apple Store Upload fails with "Non-public API" usage error

Hello together,we tried to upload a apple app to the apple store which runs fine on our test devices. Now we got following answer from Apple:

Non-public API usage:

• Apps are not permitted to access the UDID and must not use the uniqueIdentifier method of UIDevice. Please update your apps and servers to associate users with the Vendor or Advertising identifiers introduced in iOS 6.
    I think is is a problem caused by Sencha Cmd. We use currently version 3.1.1.274 (which should be the newest one available)

I hope you can help us quickly.

Thank you and kind regards

Alexander

Sencha Premium Member

The same thing is happening to us which means we can no longer upload our app to the App Store. We're using Sencha Cmd 3.0.2.288 and Sencha Touch 2.1.0.

Please help.

Sencha Premium Member

Default App Review

I have the same issue and I contacted the App Review Team and this is what they had to say:

While you may have removed access and usage of UDIDs from your app, the invalid binary message indicates that your app uses or accesses UDIDs. Please check your source code for any occurrence of the "uniqueIdentifier" method; this is the method that returns a device's UDID.

Additionally, if you are linking an external framework, such as an advertising library, these third party libraries may be accessing and using UDIDs. We encourage you to update your libraries to the most recent versions and use the "nm" tool to determine if the libraries are calling this method.

For more information on the "nm" tool, please see the manual page for the "nm" tool in Xcode Tools:

https://developer.apple.com/library/...man1/nm.1.html

Additionally, if you do not have access to the libraries's source, you may be able to search the compiled binary using "strings" or "otool" command line tools. The "strings" tool can output a list of the methods that the library calls and "otool -ov" will output the Objective-C class structures and their defined methods. These techniques can help you narrow down where the problematic code resides.

Default stbuild

Hi,

I found the "uniqueidentifier" string in the stbuild.template file which is used by Sencha Cmd and directly included in the apple app package when building the app. I think we have to wait until the Sencha team will fix this issue. Or is it somehow possible to replace this file?

Kind regards

Alexander

Sencha Premium Member

Is there anyone that's not having this same problem uploading an app packaged with Sencha CMD to the Apple AppStore? Have you tried it in the last few days?

Considering this completely breaks the Sencha tools workflow for creating iOS apps I'm surprised this isn't getting more attention.

Sencha User

Having the same problem

Sencha Premium Member

I contacted Sencha Support and this has been reported as a bug.
    They say It has already been fixed in the SDK and will be pushed for Touch 2.2.1, which is due out very very soon.

Sencha User

Default Stll getting the same problem

I downloaded sencha touch 2.2.1
    updated sencha command to latest 274
    Getting the same problem. Cannot upload to itunes connect.
    Anybody knows how to solve this?

Sencha Premium Member

Until a fix is released uploading a Sencha Touch application packaged with Sencha Cmd to the Apple Appstore is completely broken. We are at their mercy!

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by brettAV View Post
    Until a fix is released uploading a Sencha Touch application packaged with Sencha Cmd to the Apple Appstore is completely broken. We are at their mercy!
    serious the issue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast