Thread: Remove anchor property on form fields if user makes mouse movements to change width

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium User

Default Remove anchor property on form fields if user makes mouse movements to change width

I almost never end up with all the fields on a form the same width. I like the fields defaulting to anchor 100%, but if I select a field, hover over the right to get a resize handle, and then make a mouse movement to resize, I would much prefer it if Architect would eliminate the anchor property at that point and switch to using explicit width. The alternative of going into each field manually is a less optimal workflow for me.

Sencha Premium User

*facepalm*

It turns out I didn't really want anchor layout on my forms so I can just change the layout to auto and it basically works like I want. Sorry, still stuck in the 2.x and 3.x days when form layout was king and there weren't great layout options for forms.

I still think Architect should take away anchor like I described for situations where I need anchor layout, but changing the layout on entire form is a decent alternative.

Agreed that we could make this easier in configurations that are mutually exclusive like anchor and width, flex and width, etc.

When one is set it would make sense that we clear the one that is no longer valid.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran