Thread: Feature Request: Provide ability for json files as resources

You found a bug! We've classified it as a bug in our system. We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

Default Feature Request: Provide ability for json files as resources

I would like to leverage the Resources section in Architect as a means of specifying test data for a store with an ajax proxy. There are decent alternatives such as the mock data functionality or editing files on the file system directly, but I think this would be the quickest and most direct for the way my team works.

Right now I can add a js file and give it a json extension, say for example customers.json, and it will appear just fine in the Resources section. I can give it a relative path like data/customers.json and I can use this in the ajax proxy to load data. Everything works fine.

The only problem is that the generated app.html tries to do a script include which results in a syntax error since it's a glob of json. To rectify this, I would like the ability to specify js resources but have a flag on them that indicates don't include in app.html even though they will be copied to the server on publish. Or perhaps a new JSON resource type for which this behavior is the default.

Vote Rating

So to be clear you'd like to have them in the resources so you can easily edit/view them?
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

Yes, precisely. Putting test data in the Resources section makes it easier to manage for me because it's more immediate.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

It seems it would be a nice idea to support this indeed.