Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: architect build errors ruby

Default Modify yor sencha.cgf file

Hi, you can solve this problem modifying your sencha.cfg file. This file is located in yourAppRoot/.sencha/app/sencha.cfg.

You must write at the last line: skip.ass=1

After, build your app again.

However, I don't know why is necesary install ruby to build sencha apps without modify the .cfg file.

Regards

Sencha User

You need to add Ruby path (eg. c:\ruby\bin) to the PATH environment variable. Note: not PATH in User variables, but in System variables. See here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...9024#20389024I believe this should be improved to be smarter.

Sencha Premium User jvandemerwe's Avatar

Default Same problem here too

I am working with Windows 8.1 and I have the same problem. Even when I type: ruby -v from any directory it shows me that Ruby 1.93 is installed, but Sencha Architect is not finding it.

My PATH is just OK and even a restart of the PC didn't help. Then it becomes quite little transparent where to find the error.

It would better if your Ruby path was part of the Sencha Architect settings. And then also include a Ruby test in Architect. Not that you find out the trouble when building the app. And it should not be that Sencha Command latest version is supporting a different Ruby version then Sencha Architect. Sencha CMD 4.0.1.45 is supporting Ruby 2.0 and Sencha Architect 3 is not. That is not very helpful either.

Sencha User

Default Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by marsking View Post
    You need to add Ruby path (eg. c:\ruby\bin) to the PATH environment variable. Note: not PATH in User variables, but in System variables. See here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...9024#20389024I believe this should be improved to be smarter.
    I had the same issue on Windows 8.1 and this solved my problem.

Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12