31 May 2013 2:46 PM #1
Problem Installing Sencha Eclipse Plugin
I've downloaded and am hoping to evaluate the Sencha Touch Bundle, but right now I'm stuck trying to install the Sencha plugin for Eclipse.
Following the instructions in the Sencha_Eclipse_Plugin_InstallandUse.pdf file to the letter, I'm currently at the "2. Install VJET and Ext JS extension plugins" step, specifically "4. Click Local and select the directory you unzipped, then click OK. Its path appears in the Location field. Leave the Name field empty, Click OK." When I do so, I get an error alert:
"Error Contacting Site" "No software site found at file:/[folder where I unzipped the plugin]. Do you wish to edit the location?"
In the list of available software to choose under "Work with:" there's a "Could not find file:" error message.
The plugin file is definitely there.
I've tried moving the plugin file to another folder, I've tried placing the plugin file (zipped and unzipped) in the plugin folder in the Eclipse folder and rebooting Eclipse, you name it. Nothing has worked.
I've never had a problem with an Eclipse plugin before. I have no idea what the heck is going on, but I'm beyond frustrated at this point.
3 Jun 2013 1:05 PM #2
Let me see if I can engage the product team on this one.Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our human resources manager: email@example.com
4 Jun 2013 9:16 PM #3
Thanks! Let me know what they say. I'm dying to try out the full Sencha package.
9 Jul 2013 1:34 PM #4
Just a quick note. It seems as though some users are unzipping the framework specific folder first and trying to install with that.
I want to make sure it's completely clear (my apologies if this what you were already doing).
1) Unzip the zip file labeled "Sencha_Eclipse_Plugin-retail-x.x.x.x that can be found within the SenchaEclipsePlugin.zip file
2) Go to Help->Install Software
3) Point to THAT folder instead of the SenchaTouchTL or ExtJSTL-x.xzip folder
4) You should now see Sencha Eclipse Plugin in the Available Software Window
5) Click Next-> and finish your installation
The instructions aren't abundantly clear about this, but you will need to have VJET installed prior to the Sencha Eclipse Plugin installation.
Here are the instructions for installing VJET (from the VJET project page):
1) From within Eclipse, select Help > Install New Software....
2) Click Add... copy and paste the location: (please get url location from vjet download page). Click OK.
3) Select VJET and finish the installation.
4) You will be prompted to restart Eclipse. Select Restart Now.
5) After restart, Eclipse opens in the Eclipse Java EE perspective. You must switch to the VJET JS Perspective in order to use the VJET features
6) Select Window -> Open Perspective -> Other...
EDIT: I should also note that the Sencha Eclipse plugin does not currently appear to be compatible with Zend.