Thread: Infinite Scrolling Grid occasionally does not draw rows after scrolling.

You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTJS-10134 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.

Default Infinite Scrolling Grid occasionally does not draw rows after scrolling.

REQUIRED INFORMATION

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.2.1
    Browser versions tested against:
    • Chrome 27
    • Firefox 21
    • IE 10
    Description:
    • The grid rows occasionally do not get drawn after scrolling an infinite grid using the scroll-bar.
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Repeatedly scroll infinite grid using the scroll-bar
    The result that was expected:
    • Rows should always be drawn (normal grid behavior)
    The result that occurs instead:
    • Rows are not drawn and grid area appears blank.
    Test Case:

The problem occurs in the official example here:
    http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/e...te-scroll.html

No error is thrown, and moving the scroll-bar again forces the grid to redraw normally. It seems to be more common in larger data sets which take longer to load.

Since the issue is sporadic and sometimes hard to duplicate I have attached a video(see below).

It may be helpful to note that the load mask is typically removed before the rows are drawn. However, you will notice in the video that before the problem occurs, the rows are actually drawn behind the load mask, then are gone when the load mask is removed.

HELPFUL INFORMATION

Screenshot or Video:
    Debugging already done:
    • From the console I called .refresh() on the grid's view, but nothing changed.
    Operating System:
    • Windows 7
    Let me know if you have any questions or if more information is needed.

*EDIT BY SLEMMON
    I could not reproduce the issue on IE10, FF (Mac or PC), or Chrome using the linked example above, but see the issue demonstrated in the linked video
    *EDIT BY FOXMULDER900
    Yea, I realize it can be pretty difficult to reproduce, sometimes it takes a few minutes of playing around before it occurs. The key seems to be to stop scrolling as soon as you see the rows rendered behind the loading mask.
    Last edited by FoxMulder900; 10 Jun 2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Additional test case info

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Sencha User

Hello,
    I have the same problem.
    I can reduce the bug with set pageSize bigger but if number total of element grow it occur agin.

For example :
    1800 elements in Db -> pageSize 500 = Ok
    30000 elements in Db -> pageSize 500 = Ko

In fact with only 1800 elements (and PageSize 500) it is not possible to scroll to a page that is not loaded before.

This workaround is not enought for me, does anyone have a temporaly solution ?

I've tried to set pagePurgeCount at 0. Page already loaded are not loaded again, the bug occure less but it is not the better solution (data are not refresh on scrolling back).

Thanks

Sencha User

Any news about it ?thanks