19 Jun 2013 2:45 AM #1
Unanswered: Sencha 2.1: Selectfield picker functions inappropriately
I have a screen with following component.
1. selectfield having many categories. (Hospitals, Schools, Parks etc)
2. searchfield which enables search on the list item placed below it.
3. list which lists all the categories. (different schools, hospitals etc)
- When I click on selectfield a picker pops out from the bottom of screen which enables me to select hospital or school and accordingly the list will be filtered showing only hospitals or schools.
- The seachfield will enable search on list.
When I want to type in searchfield a softkeyboard pops-out from the bottom of the screen. Now, keeping this softkeyboard poped-out, when I click on selectfield the picker animates all the way to the top of the screen before coming to it's appropriate position to the bottom of the screen. The keyboard gets hidden meanwhile.
I believe, the problem arise being the picker starts poping-up from the top of the soft-keyboard. But meanwhile that soft-keyboard is getting hidden. So, picker settle at it's appropriate position.
Appreciate any help to work the picker appropriately.
24 Jun 2013 5:17 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Gainesville, FL
- Vote Rating
When the select field is "focused" the keyboard shouldn't be open.
Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/
Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!
When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.