Thread: Uploading iphone app to store issue: Icon.png size don't meet the size requirement

Sencha User

Default Uploading iphone app to store issue: Icon.png size don't meet the size requirement

Hello,

I have created a Sencha application build it using sencha cmd tool. Then I convert package build to .ipa file using phonegap online tool (build.phonegap.com). Now when I am uploading the application on apple app store, it is giving me following error:
    "Icon.png: icon dimensions (57 x 57) don't meet the size requirements. The icon file must be 72x72 pixels, in .png format".

I also tried to change icon declaration in app.js to 72 Icon image and remove 57 icon image declaration. But still I am getting the same error. Can any one help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks
    Ishan jain

Sencha User

Hello,
    I have never used phonegap build, so I am not sure. But, my guess is you still have not changed the actual icon file to 72 x 72 size. Telling your app to display it @ 72 px is not enough. Apple doesn't want the icon to be distorted on their pretty retina display.

Sencha User
    Answers

Do what they suggest. Change the size of the icon.png to 72x72

Sencha User

When I changes my icon to 72*72 then it says that iphone require 57*57 icon size and vice versa.