Thread: Fiddle Idea: Canned Mock Data

You found a bug! We've classified it as FIDDLE-53 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Answers

Default Answered: Fiddle Idea: Canned Mock Data

I like the ability to define my own mock data for fiddles, but I think it would be awesome to have a number of canned options to choose from as well. There are a lot of examples in the documentation that I think would be useful for quick mocks within fiddles.

So perhaps in the mock data tabs, one could still specify a URL, but then either select from a list of canned data (which would be printed into the tab to easily modify), or create your own from scratch.

2. Quote Originally Posted by existdissolve View Post
    With the canned data, my thought was that you could choose from a list of canned data templates, and they would be loaded into the data area of the data tab. So you could start with full canned data, but then massage it as needed.
    I can definitely see this helpful for trees and for paged data.

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers

I'm not sure I 100% follow. You want to specify a URL and it download the data and save as mock data? Or you can have mock data "templates" where we have a list of predefined data sets?
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Frontend Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Answers

Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Re: the URL, all I meant is that whether you're using canned data or your own custom data, still allow the URL to be configurable (e.g., as is)

With the canned data, my thought was that you could choose from a list of canned data templates, and they would be loaded into the data area of the data tab. So you could start with full canned data, but then massage it as needed.

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by existdissolve View Post
    I can definitely see this helpful for trees and for paged data.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Frontend Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens