Thread: 4.2.1 - selection and events (e.g. itemclick) bug on grouped grids

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for 264657 in a recent build.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default 4.2.1 - selection and events (e.g. itemclick) bug on grouped grids

Hi,

If you've a grouped grid large enough and you attempt to click one item (near the bottom/after a threshold) you'll experience some odd behaviours. The selection works funny (selecting a item near the top of the grid) and if you hook some events like itemclick to the grid, you'll get the wrong record on the callbacks.

I've tracked down the bug to the getRecord function of the table where it first attempts to use the recordIndex on the row node (tr) and only as a fallback will attempt to use the recordId. My best guess is that this approach is best to avoid scenarios where you've a bunch of new records (with id == 0 for example) and distinguishing them would be impossible.

The root problem should be the buffered renderers and other optimizations. As such, I've worked around the issue by using the recordId first and the recordIndex only if the record is phantom. This should avoid the problem in most scenarios for now, but the recordIndex must be fixed by Sencha.

As a test case you can visit the extjs grouped grid sample page and issue the following command on firebug/chrome console:

Code:
    Ext.ComponentQuery.query('grid')[0].on('itemclick', function(view, record) {console.log(record.data);})
    When you expand a group other than the first few (something below "chinese") and click the items you'll notice the bugs on selection and, if you issued the previous command, you'll see on the log that the event is reporting the wrong record. If you change the URL to 4.2.0 you'll notice the bug is not present.

Sencha - Documentation Team slemmon's Avatar
    Vote Rating

I believe this bug is fixed in the next version
    See here for reference: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?264657

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I am looking for the fix for identifying the correct selection (model object) from a grouped store.

Just making sure - is this really the same bug fixed in EXTJSIV-9968 (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?264657) ?
    or did the fix handle both...otherwise how can I find out which version this 9968 is in?
    (I didn't see it in the 4.2.1 release notes)

thanks

Sencha - Documentation Team slemmon's Avatar
    Vote Rating

Yes, and EXTJSIV-9968 was fixed in 4.2.2.1144. I suspect it was skipped from the release notes as it was linked as a duplicate to EXTJSIV-10003, but not sure on that. I'll mark this thread as [FIXED] to reflect the status of the engineering ticket.
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our human resources manager: fabienne.bell@sencha.com