Thread: touch 2 app working from localhost but not from remote server

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default Unanswered: touch 2 app working from localhost but not from remote server

Hi,

I'm working on my first Sencha Touch 2 app. I was originally programming it locally. So, I would call it up in a web browser using something like ... localhost/app. Everything works fine from localhost.

However, now I have a need to give other people a preview. So, I tarred up the app directory and put it on a webserver... I've created a trimmed down test version of it here... http://apps.thinkunderground.com/touchtest/

Now when I run it from the remote URL, and click the "try" button, an error occurs (in chrome)...
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'destroy' of null

I do have that data being displayed in a dataview with a store that retrieves data via JSONP.

So, my question is, Am I packaging and relocating the app properly? and any idea why this would only be failing on a remote webserver and not on localhost?

Thanks for any ideas. I'm stumped.
    Nathan

Answers
    Vote Rating

Your getViewItems is calling this.element.dom.childNodes, but there is no childNodes for that element. Could you mean this.dataview.element.dom.childNodes? That element has 2 nodes in it.