Thread: Correct syntax to set combobox default value

Sencha Premium User

Question Correct syntax to set combobox default value

What's the correct syntax for setting the default value for a combobox? I want it to be the letter "C" so I have tried it in single quotes 'C', with double quotes "C", and without quotes, yet Sencha still highlights the value row in the config inspector with a red margin and the code view has a red circle beside the offending line saying: "Invalid value, config value converted to string". The docs just say an "object", so I even tried putting braces around it like so: { 'C' }, but this doesn't make SA happy, either.

'C' still works but this has always annoying me, so I'd like to know the correct way.

Thanks.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by marc.fearby View Post
    What's the correct syntax for setting the default value for a combobox? I want it to be the letter "C" so I have tried it in single quotes 'C', with double quotes "C", and without quotes, yet Sencha still highlights the value row in the config inspector with a red margin and the code view has a red circle beside the offending line saying: "Invalid value, config value converted to string". The docs just say an "object", so I even tried putting braces around it like so: { 'C' }, but this doesn't make SA happy, either.

'C' still works but this has always annoying me, so I'd like to know the correct way.

Thanks.
    We should probably be allowing for an optional config type for that actually. For now, what you're doing is as good as it gets unless you want to use the setValue method after some type of event occurs.
    Jason Minnick
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium User

I took a wild guess yesterday and entered an array in the config value and it's very happy now -i.e., [ 'C' ]

Docs don't say array but it both works and shuts SA up :-)

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by marc.fearby View Post
    I took a wild guess yesterday and entered an array in the config value and it's very happy now -i.e., [ 'C' ]

Docs don't say array but it both works and shuts SA up :-)
    If nothing else; docs should include a string, object and a number. Look for this to be improved in SA 3.
    Jason Minnick
    Sencha Architect Development Team