Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    qooleot is on a distinguished road

Default [4.2.2] IE9 Collapsible panel bug in examples

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.2.2 final release (4.2.2.1144)
    Browser versions tested against:
    • IE9
    Description:
    • Collapsible panel display incorrectly
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    1. Load the complex layout example: /examples/layout/complex.html
    2. collapse the west panel via the arrow, expand it, then collapse again

The result that was expected:
    1. The first collapse width was slightly too large
    2. The second collapse width is the major issue - unusable IE9 in my app with that problem

Additional Notes:

IE8 doesn't support vertical text, but having the text horizontal and showing just the first character and a half truncated is silly. It should either be hidden completely...at least better than the current display.

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not seeing those issues. Is it possible your CSS is cached?
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Definitely not cached, I checked Ext.getVersion() in the developer tools. Here is a full link:

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.2/e...t/complex.html

the key is its the second collapse that does it (it also happens if the panel starts collapsed, but I thought showing an official example with the issue was most straightforward).

Attached is a screenshot showing the issue, version, and IE9 being used.bug1.jpg

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still not seeing it. I loaded up http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.2/e...t/complex.html in IE9 (tried both quirks/strict) and wasn't able to reproduce it.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Darn. It happens in IE10's IE9 mode (as you can see in the screenshot above), but I did double-check with a vm player instance of raw IE9 and its not happening.

Thats the first time I've seen IE10's IE9 mode not behave like IE9 (I know IE9 had some issues drawing IE7/8 modes around things like custom fonts). I guess I just assumed this was something basic like a collapsed panel and wouldn't be drastically off.

I'll check on another actual IE9 box to confirm its not specific to an OS release or exact IE patch, but I'm thinking we can close this unless ya'll support X-UA-Compatible for IE10 to act like IE9....but that would be pretty obscure.

Vote Rating

Ah. If we're talking about compat mode... it has some weird quirks (pun somewhat intended) where the behaviour doesn't match the original or the emulated browser.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

No, not compat mode - I didn't even test that. I'm saying just IE10's IE9 standards mode (the emulated browser) doesn't work for that use-case. Anyways, its still an edge case and I don't suspect theres any reason a bug in the emulated browser mode needs to be supported. Still odd one of our 25,000+ line apps work perfectly and just that issue doesn't. Oh well, I'll switch to a true IE9 to test.

Vote Rating

I still think that counts as emulation, I'm pretty sure you won't see the issue on a proper IE9 install. Let us know.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    kaya_basharan is on a distinguished road

I have this problem too. Thanks for reporting this, qooleot! I've been looking for a solution to this for ages... since about August... but I've not been able to reproduce it and didn't know how to accurately describe it. I'm using ExtJS 4.2.1 and have exactly the behaviour you've documented above in my application too - though not when I load the above example. Like I said, I can't reproduce it. We (the company I work for) are starting to get complaints about this problem from customers! A solution is very important. Kaya

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Kaya,

It was only happening in Internet Explorer 10 when you switch to IE9 mode (in the developer tools). It is possible your customer has configured to do that, but that seems pretty unlikely. I'd first check their exact browser version, if they are in compatibility mode, an emulation mode, etc. Modern.ie is a cool site to download exact browser versions to match what they have.

Also, I had many bugs in Extjs 4.2.1, which were alleviated by upgrading to 4.2.2, so I'd also recommend trying that.