Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back button broke in navigationview - Sencha Touch 2.3 + Android 4.3

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for TOUCH-5029 in 2.4.0.

Default Back button broke in navigationview - Sencha Touch 2.3 + Android 4.3

Previously I posted about this issue but it was moved to another category because the moderator said it was more of a general question:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...47#post1002247
    However now we have gathered more data and we do believe this is a bug. Our best way to demonstrate is with the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPspFnLDYvY

As explained in the video we are using the most recent version of Sencha Touch 2.3 and did a native build on android platform. The issue occurs after the most recent Android 4.3 update which was released on HTC One on Oct 8th.

Thanks for your help!

Sencha - Support Team

Thanks for the report. I would like to confirm what version of Cordova you are using.
    In order to expedited issue please report bugs using the proper form:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...o-report-a-bug
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services [email protected]

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Sencha - Support Team

I was unable to reproduce this on the Android emulator. I currently do not have access to a device running 4.3 but should by tomorrow and will test again.
    Here is video of the test. Forgive me as Android emulator is incredibly slow.
    http://screencast.com/t/7cD2xHCx

Sencha - Support Team

Thanks I looked into it and that was fixed in 2.3.0. Still trying to find a device to test this on.

I will mail you mine! In all seriousness I wish I could help.

I understand over the weekend AT&T released the same android level update, resulting in the exact same issues. Once again we are happy to pay for support and are desperate to find a solution!

Sencha - Support Team

Thanks for your patience and sense of humor. I was able to reproduce this issue and I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Do you guys even have a working theory on this yet? We've held back the android release of our app due to this bug.

Sencha Premium Member

Quick fix, but be carefully you will need to override core code (class Ext.env.Feature).
    Find method isStyleSupportedWithoutPrefix and replace it by this:
    Code:
    isStyleSupportedWithoutPrefix: function(name, tag) {
            var elementStyle = this.getTestElement(tag).style;
            if (typeof elementStyle[name] !== 'undefined' && typeof Ext.browser.getStylePrefix(name) === 'undefined') {
                return true;
            }

return false;
        },
    Small explanation of this bug, it's mix of webkit/chromium and Touch problems. Firstly, using transform on element in some cases prevent from firing touch events on this item, but theoretically Sencha Touch should deal with it. So why it doesn't ? Android 4.3 or 4.2 (don't remember) introduce non prefixes transform property in native browser. And this is where problem occur. Touch still generates prefixed values to animate the element, but in the animation object non prefixed ones are kept. So, in the end, when transitionend is fired touch can't clear the list with all of animated properties (and finish the animation) which prevent from firing internal event animationend. And yep, on this event Touch must do some dirty work to resume hit detection.
    About fix, we only ensure that Touch will use no prefixed properties if no another option is available.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast