I am currently researching on selecting a better UI framework for an highly scalable application. After doing lot of googling and reading lot of blogs, i have narrowed my options to Sencha JS and Kendo UI frameworks.
I am looking at below aspects. Can someone compare both frameworks and help me select right one.
- Time taken to learn and ease to use ? Some blogs are suggesting kendo ui learning curve is fast as it is developed on Jquery compared to Sencha Js. Learning Sencha is difficult ?
- Which one is easy to debug and enhance ?
- Which one has more HTML5 support ?
- Performance on mobile devices ?
- External support like documentation and wikis?
- Which one has more enhancements & development in pipeline ?
- Which is preferred for highly scalable cloud based applications ?
- Availability of source code for modifying for internal product development ?
- Kendo is providing theme builder. Is this feature so special which is not available in Sencha ?
- which one is light weight framework
- Ease of testability and support of existing test frameworks
- People are suggesting kendo UI beats sencha in browser speed. Is it true ? What are the ways to improve performance?
- I have come across some statements like minified version of js file is also very large to use. It is not good to use multi page applications. This is mainly intended for single page applications. It is correct ?
- What are the main important areas where Sancha Js beats Kendo UI ?
- Does sencha js provides more complex widgets than kendo UI ?
I have asked a broad question and it takes some of your valuable time. Please help me to understand more on this.