Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SA 3.0.0.1330 always overwrites bootstrap.css

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default SA 3.0.0.1330 always overwrites bootstrap.css

Just updated and SA kills my nerves ;-)

On each save, boostrap.css will be overwritten!
    Inside Resource/Library i disabled all checkboxes!

Also app.json and .sencha/sencha.cfg are automatically changed!!!
    inside snecha.cfg i have a custom package "my-theme" which will always be
    changed to SA library theme (in this case neptune).

I have a custom css inside a package and i will use my custom boostraps.css
    I am also not able to change the path to a custom css file, because you can only select
    the default packages!

Please fix or make configurable!

I only need the app folder and app.js.
    All other thing will be done via eclipse ant tasks especially when using
    addtional things like common source code folders, etc!

I need a switch to turn off that stuff!

Cheers Holger

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

In the next release this will not be an issue. They will only be updated when they need to be.
    Jason Minnick
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi Jason,
    nice to hear that this will not be a problem anymore.

Currently on ressource/library config i disabled all checkboxes concerning include css, js, etc.

Inside Touch this seems to work, but ExtJs projects will always be overwritten.

Using workspaces and larger projects concerning custom themes organized in packages, common src folders, i need the possibility to disable such automatic behavior, because SA does not support all features that are possible with CMD and therefore it would never be able to generate the right bootstrap.css, boostrtap.js/json and so on. Also making changes to sencha.cfg is a nogo!

I prefer using eclipse/webstorm for doing finetuning on my projects and developing custom widgets. I also use ant tasks to build and deploy my code.

Please integrate a switch to disable all the automatism!
    In former releases, SA only saved app.html, where i use index.html for development.

It seems that index.html will be at least overwritten on SA project update!
    After update, i can configure not to update index.html but thats is to late!

I also dislike all the anoying popups saying you disabled index.html!

So it would be great if there is a main switch to disable all (like use external CMD/build tools), SA only writes into app folder/metadata and at least make changes to app.js.

Cheers Holger

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by hschaefer123 View Post
    Hi Jason,
    nice to hear that this will not be a problem anymore.

Currently on ressource/library config i disabled all checkboxes concerning include css, js, etc.

Inside Touch this seems to work, but ExtJs projects will always be overwritten.

Using workspaces and larger projects concerning custom themes organized in packages, common src folders, i need the possibility to disable such automatic behavior, because SA does not support all features that are possible with CMD and therefore it would never be able to generate the right bootstrap.css, boostrtap.js/json and so on. Also making changes to sencha.cfg is a nogo!

I prefer using eclipse/webstorm for doing finetuning on my projects and developing custom widgets. I also use ant tasks to build and deploy my code.

Please integrate a switch to disable all the automatism!
    In former releases, SA only saved app.html, where i use index.html for development.

It seems that index.html will be at least overwritten on SA project update!
    After update, i can configure not to update index.html but thats is to late!

I also dislike all the anoying popups saying you disabled index.html!

So it would be great if there is a main switch to disable all (like use external CMD/build tools), SA only writes into app folder/metadata and at least make changes to app.js.

Cheers Holger
    Have you tried the GA release of SA3 yet?
    Jason Minnick
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi Jason,currently i am on 3.0.0.1337.Since CMD 4.0.1.45 is available through support dowload i also tried this because ProjectSettings->Framework is always telling to Upgrade Build Tools! I think this is a bug.

Currently i think it is also not possible to use a custom theme package! SA will always overwrite sencha.cfg concerning used theme. So i have migrated my theme to the included theme ressource with the negative impact, that i am no more able to see FontAwesome glyphs in SA (only in Dev/Prod Mode on Browser), because css/Sass resource relatively link font to ressource dir (not theme dir)! I redundantly copies font to theme directory but it is also not shown.

Currently i do not like to loose more and more control over my project and the building procedure. I think it is a great benefit for casual users, but for more experienced ones using a real IDE for the needs of firing addtional ant tasks, this is going to be a showstopper. Hopefully SA generates some folders only initially and i can put some addtional thing into this generated folders.

Please can you give feedback on most pain topics:

1) How to use theme font sass resources with relative path to resource/font dir? Issue is that on development css is generated inside theme dir but on build deployed under ressource! Solution would be theme.css played right inside ressource dir and not copied on build!

2) ExtDirect ressource Nice thing that is working but how is it included in build? I see no class require in app.js or anything else so i think it will only work used inside SA build?!?From my perspective i think it needs to be required from inside app.js

3) Upgrade build tools issue During creating new projects i saw an option "enable/disable" build. This option is not available on migrated/updated projects. There is only a button telling "Upgrade build tools".Running this starts successfully CMD update task, but with same result!I think the new things a nice and consequent step forward but on the costs to be more unstable.

Sometime opening resources leeds to endless loading cycles in SA (masking ui for loading) and will not come back. I often have to kill SA from window task man to be able to continune to work. Hopefully the issues on project save are gone with the new version.

Cheers Holger

Vote Rating

3. If you've already been using cmd (folder contains a .sencha/ directory and app.json) then we don't ask you to use this again.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

Vote Rating

1. Is not supported yet but is planned for 3.1
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi Phil,sounds good.

(1) Currently i have pushed my Font into Resource Theme and have to live without preview inside SA.I do not want a font ressource as a css, because this lead to another css include i would like to avoid.

Let me see what 3.1 can do for me ;-)

(2) ExtDirect
    I just have posted a blog how to fine control generated cached API (it's in SA section examples).I also got feedBack that you will fix the issue with cached APIs not to always regenerate ExtDirect.json SA start instead only on manually reload ExtDirect Ressource.

So currently i have only one issue concerning SA themes and Sencha Touch where theme nameswill be to long for using inside SAP.

For this i created a separate discussion entry.

Cheers Holger

Vote Rating

Thanks Holger as always you're the best
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thanks Holger and Phil - I was about to raise the same. Bootstrap.css is lost upon Architect save - sencha app build is needed to regenerate it so it points to the correct compiled output.

Really looking forward to the next GA release of Architect 3!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast