You found a bug! We've classified it as
We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
Animation with many elements jumps mid-animation to 100% on iOS when scrolling page
I was investigating your tool for building complex animations to run on a variety of platforms.
I ran into the following issue:
When I have a more complex animation with many elements and longer delays, when the user scrolls the page on iOS after the animation has started, some of the elements of the animation suddenly jump to the final state of their animation.
- Build animation with a lot of items (I have attached an example project you can use to compare)
- Open page on iOS 5, 6 or 7 (issue does not seem to exist on iOS 4)
- Wait for animation to start. Try scrolling the page up and down when animation is in progress
- Currently active animation pauses
- When scrolling stops, active animation continues, but elements which are inactive jump to their last frame
- Inactive elements do not jump to the last frame
In the attached file built with Sencha Animator, if you open it on an iPhone with one of the affected iOS versions, then scroll around while the first elements begin appearing, you'll notice how some boxes suddenly jump to the screen. This should not happen.