Thread: How to remove qtips from specific grid cells.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default Answered: How to remove qtips from specific grid cells.

Hi,

I'm using a grid where I have set specific cell qtips using a renderer and the meta.tdAttr = 'data-qtip="' + qtText + '"'; way to set tooltips, and it works great. However, I cannot seem to find a way to easily remove (specific) tooltips from these cells. I tried to manipulate the innerHTML off these cells, but that just messed it up. What is the proper way to remove these tooltips? I don't want to reload the grid!

Thanks in advance.

2. So I manages to solve this is the following way:Change the properties of each record that has tooltips so when you re-render it, it will no longer render it (in the column renderer). Then remove the record, and immediately re-insert it into the grid so it will be re-rendered.If anyone knows a better way to do this, please feel free to post it.

Touch Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

In my view, the better solution would be not to add the tooltip in the first place. In the renderer function, you can e.g. check some field value of your record and based on that, add a tooltip or otherwise, simply return the value.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    In my view, the better solution would be not to add the tooltip in the first place. In the renderer function, you can e.g. check some field value of your record and based on that, add a tooltip or otherwise, simply return the value.
    That is currently exactly how I am doing it currently. But I need a way to remove them.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this issue.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Bump.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

So I manages to solve this is the following way:Change the properties of each record that has tooltips so when you re-render it, it will no longer render it (in the column renderer). Then remove the record, and immediately re-insert it into the grid so it will be re-rendered.If anyone knows a better way to do this, please feel free to post it.