Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using Cmd workspaces with Sencha Architect

Answers
    Vote Rating

There is no good way to do this. You can create a new project. Then copy in the app/ directory. You won't be able to edit those files inside Architect but you'll be able to make reference to them. e.g. Ext.create('travel.store.StoreCreatedOutsideArch');
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Can we enable or initialize cordova to the sencha touch application in cordova.

i didn't find any option to do so.

if we do this using cmd, still the applicaiton source files are editable in sencha architect ?

Thanks,
    phani

Answers
    Vote Rating
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I don't think there's a way to import the entire CMD generated project into Architect. It lacks all the meta data that Architect needs.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Exclamation

I don't know why anyone would ever need to drop to a command line to generate an app/workspace/whatever when using Sencha Architect. I've always just created a new project, enabled the build tools, then it initialises Cmd, and when I click the Build button, it builds a minified project for me. At least that's how it worked in 3.0.4

Now that I've tried 3.1 with Ext 5, repeating this process does not result in a built app, it just nags me constantly for a publish path and never accepts anything I give it. The index.html file created by 3.1 just includes a bootstrap.js file, with no app.js, so its way of building has obviously been modified extensively. Perhaps it's still a work in progress? Or maybe we must now (or always have had to) use "sencha generate ..." and I've just been lucky until 3.1?

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

I've always done the "sencha generate" first and then saved from Architect into that workspace.

Not tried it with the newest Cmd and Extjs 5 yet.

Answers
    Vote Rating

You should not need to drop to cmd line unless you want to have a workspace with several apps in it.

With Ext JS 5 the bootstrap file now includes app.js like it does for Touch.

Wonder what's going on with the publish path. Feel free to open a thread so we can get that figured out.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

Answers
    Vote Rating

You should not need to drop to cmd line unless you want to have a workspace with several apps in it.

With Ext JS 5 the bootstrap file now includes app.js like it does for Touch.

Wonder what's going on with the publish path. Feel free to open a thread so we can get that figured out.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

This morning the gods have smiled upon me and a fresh Ext JS 5 blank project builds OK. I don't recall doing anything differently. I still have a support ticket open in relation to frameworks in SA 3.1, so I'll wait on that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12