Thread: 3.0.0.1337 setTimeout error in console

Touch Premium Member

Default 3.0.0.1337 setTimeout error in console

During opening my project i got a setTimeout error.
    The error was visisble inside log.

I think the error depends on my used ExtDirect resource, because if i do not start my local server the api will not return data.

I always use thecached option to store the api offline inside project.

In case off using cached api i think it would be better not to check/try to load api on project load.
    If i do some changes the the API i will reload the api by myself.

Or does the error come from a test on the used router?

Maybe you should also raise an popup message concerning "unable to load api" or something like this,
    because it is not quite clear, that this is not a SA bug!

Cheers Holger

Was this error perhaps about clearTimeout, rather than setTimeout? The former is a known bug that will be fixed in the next update.
    Jason Johnston
    @lojjic
    Sencha Architect Development Team

That said, I do agree with you that if cached:true then we should not attempt to load the direct api from its url on project load. I've opened ticket DSGNR-5182 to fix that.
    Jason Johnston
    @lojjic
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Touch Premium Member

Hi Jason,maybe the notice has been clearTimeout.i have opened the ticket a little bit later and the error has gone by by reloading project after starting server.DSGNR-5182 would be a great benefit for me, because our dynamic api read approach inside SAP will while while someone is developing inside methods. So with the cached api (also used on productive deployment) we can control when an API update is neccessary.Without this feature you will not be notices during save that there is a saved ExtDirect cached version with "null" content in it's body.By the way, during SenchaCon i talked with Aaron that for us it would be helpful to have at least basic authentication on api/router.Inside SAP all services are normally authenticated.In such a case you will only get a loading error inside SA DirectRessource.It would be great if you would passthru Authentication requests or add a config option to the direct ressource.Cheers Holger

Quote Originally Posted by hschaefer123 View Post
    i talked with Aaron that for us it would be helpful to have at least basic authentication on api/router.Inside SAP all services are normally authenticated.In such a case you will only get a loading error inside SA DirectRessource.It would be great if you would passthru Authentication requests or add a config option to the direct ressource.Cheers Holger
    It's definitely still on the plate to add Basic Auth inside of Architect which would work similar to the browser popping up a username/password.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran