21 Nov 2013 2:35 AM #1
Ext.form.field.HtmlEditor img resize in Chrome
It seems like Ext.form.field.HtmlEditor has different behavior across browsers. For instance, in Firefox I can do the following operation: click on an image inside the html editor and a nice bounding box is displayed. The image can be resized. Please see the attached screenshot on the bottom of this report. The operation is not possible in Chrome 31 or IE 10.
Stand-alone test case: https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/1mq
Ext version tested:
- Ext 4.2.1 rev 883
- Firefox 25 - works perfectly
- IE10 - doesn't work
- Chrome 31 - doesn't work
- Open the attached jsfiddle in Firefox, click the image and resize it. It works. Try the same in Chrome. It doesn't work.
- Open the attached jsfiddle in Firefox, click the image and resize it. It works.
- Try the same in Chrome. It doesn't work.
- Similar behavior in Chrome like in Firefox.
- I cannot resize the image in Chrome or IE.
21 Nov 2013 11:49 AM #2
I believe webkit browsers (like Chrome) lack support for image resizing. This thread describes one user's workaround:
21 Nov 2013 12:34 PM #3
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- Sydney, Australia
- Vote Rating
With our editor we don't make any attempt to normalize differences between browsers (except for the lowest hanging fruits), rather we just wrap the native browser control & add the field interface to it.
If you're looking for something a bit more fully featured, you can check out some other editors, such as tinyMCE, CKEditor etc.Evan Trimboli
Twitter - @evantrimboli
Don't be afraid of the source code!