Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
Ext Premium Member
Ext.form.field.HtmlEditor img resize in Chrome
It seems like Ext.form.field.HtmlEditor has different behavior across browsers. For instance, in Firefox I can do the following operation: click on an image inside the html editor and a nice bounding box is displayed. The image can be resized. Please see the attached screenshot on the bottom of this report. The operation is not possible in Chrome 31 or IE 10.
Stand-alone test case: https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/1mq
Ext version tested:
Browser versions tested against:
- Firefox 25 - works perfectly
- IE10 - doesn't work
- Chrome 31 - doesn't work
- Open the attached jsfiddle in Firefox, click the image and resize it. It works. Try the same in Chrome. It doesn't work.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Open the attached jsfiddle in Firefox, click the image and resize it. It works.
- Try the same in Chrome. It doesn't work.
The result that was expected:
- Similar behavior in Chrome like in Firefox.
The result that occurs instead:
- I cannot resize the image in Chrome or IE.
I believe webkit browsers (like Chrome) lack support for image resizing. This thread describes one user's workaround:
Join me at SenchaCon 2016!
With our editor we don't make any attempt to normalize differences between browsers (except for the lowest hanging fruits), rather we just wrap the native browser control & add the field interface to it.
If you're looking for something a bit more fully featured, you can check out some other editors, such as tinyMCE, CKEditor etc.
Twitter - @evantrimboli
Don't be afraid of the source code!