Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prompt to log in upon running SA3 even after activation

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for DSGNR-5200 in Architect 3.0.1.
    Sencha Premium Member

Default Prompt to log in upon running SA3 even after activation

Hello:

Every time I run SA3, I am prompted to log in using my Sencha forum credentials. I provided my activation code, but I am still prompted.

Is this normal??

If this was done by design, can you guys change that app such that after activation it doesn't prompt me to log in? What if I don't have an internet connection?

Thanks!

No, once you login once regardless of whether its a fully licensed product or trial you should not have to login again.

What operating system and version are you on?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium Member

I am using Windows 7 64 bit SP1 as VM using Desktop Parallels.

Also found this thread.

They said you have to uninstall all Sencha Architect versions, but I didn't want to uninstall version 2.2. What I tried and it didn't work - as confirmed in the other thread - was to re-install SA 3 after removing the C:\Users\<MyAccount>\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 3.0 folder.

Let me know if you have any suggestion. If you don't, then I guess I have to do what the others did and that is to uninstall all versions of SA.

Thanks

Sencha Premium Member

Just an update, as per the other thread:
    • I uninstalled all Sench Designer/Architect versions including SA3
    • I deleted the C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Sencha\ and C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\ folders
    • I installed SA3, I registered once and now I am not prompted to log in again upon re-running the app.

I still think there is something wrong going on with SA3 in combination with other existing versions, and the team should sort it out without us having to uninstall all the SA/SD versions.

bogc -

Thanks for the update. We'll see if we can figure out what is going on.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Default Exactly the same..

I'm facing to the same problem

Config:
    • Win7 x64 Family Ed.
    • SA 2.2 installed (fully functional, no login required at each startup)
    • SA 3.0 (b1337) (fully functional, but login required at each startup)
    Content of the folder C:\Users\[login]\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 2.2\ :
    sa22.PNG

Content of the folder C:\Users\[login]\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 3.0\ :
    sa30.PNG

Is there a solution without the need of uninstall/reinstall ?

Thanks.

We're in the process of investigating this. All we know at this point is it is a Windows only issue and is related to having Architect 2.2 installed.

I have a feeling what is happening is that it's picking up the Architect 2.2 license when trying to do the migration. Architect 2 and Architect 3 have different product names which would make the old license invalid. We'll get this resolved.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User

Default Here is a workaround till we get this fixed

For folks on Windows experiencing this problem here's a workaround until we get this fixed in a patch:
    1. Quit any running versions of Architect
    2. Create an empty file called 'migrated' and put it in your Architect 2.2 appdata folder (the path looks like c:\users\userName\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 2.2)
    3. Launch Architect 3.
    You should get prompted one last time to enter credentials, but not get asked again on subsequent launches.

If you are on Linux or Mac and are seeing something like this, then it is probably something else.

Let us know.

Thumbs up Good !

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Gordon View Post
    For folks on Windows experiencing this problem here's a workaround until we get this fixed in a patch:
    1. Quit any running versions of Architect
    2. Create an empty file called 'migrated' and put it in your Architect 2.2 appdata folder (the path looks like c:\users\userName\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 2.2)
    3. Launch Architect 3.
    You should get prompted one last time to enter credentials, but not get asked again on subsequent launches.

If you are on Linux or Mac and are seeing something like this, then it is probably something else.

Let us know.
    Perfect ! It's working well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast