Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Grid (compiled questions, examples/tutorials, listeners, extensions)

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Default FAQ: Grid (compiled questions, examples/tutorials, listeners, extensions)

**** do not ASK questions in this thread ****

moved to the FAQs: Grids Section

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating

Good work pulling these FAQs together. The Ext FAQ is a community document, you could post them in there. It would probably improve the signal:noise ratio here if you did, and help us all out!
    Longtime Sencha geek. Outspoken advocate of pure Javascript Views. Posts my own opinions.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

From my side I have found that IE6 tends to "chop" grid only showing the headers while Firefox display grid perfectly. (grid autoHeight set to true)
    You can check with autoScroll:true in the parent container that this is a layout height problem of the parent container.
    Setting autoHeight: true on parent container gets IE to display as FF

Vote Rating

Default JsonStore / metaData

As of time of writing, there is a bug whereby metaData will not be used to create a Reader for a JsonStore.

An override has been provided and is in post 3 of http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27835

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Red face

I use the topic example "EditorGrid - working example (php/mysql backend) "
    it works and the grid shows well
    but there is only a little probrem
    if I delete the "width:740" in grid-editor-mysql-php.js and use it in IE6,
    the autoSizeColumns doesn't work ,the rows show too long
    I use Ext Forum Search on google,but didn't find answer
    can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by flyflyzhen View Post
    if I delete the "width:740" in grid-editor-mysql-php.js and use it in IE6, the autoSizeColumns doesn't work ,the rows show too long
    Add:

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
      .x-grid3-header-offset{width:auto;}
    </style>
    thanks for help!
    But for my work,I throw the grid into a border layout in region:"center",the header-offset is fit the browser's width,not the "center" container as I define as this
    <div id="center">
    <!--the grid gets rendered in here-->
    <div id="grid-company"></div>
    </div>
    could this problem be solved?

You should NOT render stuff into a layout. Always add() to the layout and call doLayout().

Code:
    Ext.getCmp('center').add(grid);
    Ext.getCmp('center').doLayout();
    besides, I use the border layout in one html file,and use a "Ext.onReady" function,
    while in this html file,I include "grid-editor-mysql-php.js",
    it has another "Ext.onReady(myNameSpace.myModule.init, myNameSpace.myModule, true);".
    after I add the ".x-grid3-header-offset" of css style,the problem come out.
    There is another problem : use my structure,in region"center",the grid is independent,not fit the div"grid-company",the "tb" menu will move with the scroll bar of the div"grid-company",my wish is that the "tb"menu is at the top of the div and the page Plugin is at the bottom,using the scroll bar to browse the data in the grid.

for the answer ,use add "grid",how can I get the grid , is it from the " myNameSpace.myModule.grid"?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

You are hijacking this thread which is supposed to be dedicated to questions with answers posted in a single post. Please post your questions in the example thread you were working with, or in your own thread.

As per the first post in this thread, my intent was people to post questions with answers, not questions alone. In other words, get your answer elsewhere then post your question with answer here.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mjlecomte View Post
    You are hijacking this thread which is supposed to be dedicated to questions with answers posted in a single post. Please post your questions in the example thread you were working with, or in your own thread.

As per the first post in this thread, my intent was people to post questions with answers, not questions alone. In other words, get your answer elsewhere then post your question with answer here.
    i've merged the hijacker's posts along with the answers into a single post. feel free to move / delete it (and this post here too) as you deem fit.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mjlecomte View Post
    20. How to wrap contents within a cell of a fixed width grid column?
    If you want to apply this to the entire grid apply it to the basic td class of the grid.
    Hello.
    I'm very interesting with the possibility of wrap content of the entire grid.
    Could you give me an example ?

Many thanks...

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Is there a way to set the default sort order per column (DESC as opposed to ASC) when first clicked?

Or at the very least for the entire grid object? I can think of a way to do it by attaching a listener for sortchange but that's a bit hacky no?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

just specify sortDir in column model

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast