Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extjs 4.0.7 controls not working on IE 11

Default Extjs 4.0.7 controls not working on IE 11

Dear Sencha Team,

Here our project's user interface is completely of Extjs 4.0.7, As u guys said there is cross browser support is existing in ur framework. I do believe in that. May my expectation might wrong in the context of using the framework in Microsoft IE 11. So many Issues are getting raised by our product researchers that something wrong with UI.
    So Many controls have issues such as slider drag movement is not possible, the basic scroll bar is not working i.e, for a single mouse wheel the grid list comes to end. If I may wrong I hope this happens due to older version of framework usage. You guys just investigate and suggest me a better solution, Thanks in advance...

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers

You must upgrade to 4.2 get obtain support for IE11

Scott.

Default Any Temporary Solution Availabe...???

Upgrading to 4.2 will take a lot of time, we will plan that shortly. Mr Scott can u suggest any temporary solution available with our existing framework(4.0.7)..!!!

Answers

You would need to provide a small working test case, but as mentioned since 4.07 is so old, it may not help.

Default Examples of 4.0.7 apps not working

Hello Scott,

Have a look at the desktop example that comes with 4.0.7.

IMHO the problems are all due to how flex is interpreted. If you look at the Grid Window, for example, you will see that the "Company" column is not expanded, although marked flex: 1.

I would guess that the same flex issue explains why the window buttons (to close, maximize and minimize) are shifted at the left instead of being displayed at the right.

If you could provide a workaround / fix for that problem, I believe 4.0.7 would still work fine with IE 11.

Thank you,

Bertrand

Answers

Release 4.07 was a mess all by itself. It is recommended that you update regardless. If you want support for IE11, then you definitely will need to upgrade.

Ext JS Premium Member

To make my Ext 4.0.7 Website work in IE 11 I just needed to include a scriptblock like the following after including the ext-all.js:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">

Ext.apply(Ext, {
          isIE : true,
          isIE11 : true,
          ieVersion : 11
       });

</script>
    This is required since Ext 4.0.7 determines it's "isIE"-flag by checking the existance of "window.ActiveXObject", but that returns "undefined" (which is a lie!) in IE 11.

HTH,
    Matthias

Sencha User

Thank you, Matthes0815, that was brilliant! Your script solved a whole slur of problems I was seeing with layouts under IE 11.

Answers

While this quick hack will open the door to allow 4.07 to work better, you have to realize that you are going to face other problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast