28 Dec 2013 6:35 PM #1
Ext.draw.Component - some Template Function-Calls missing
Ext version tested:
- Ext 4.2.1 rev 883
Mac OS X 10.6
- Opera 12.16
- FireFox 26.0 (firebug 188.8.131.52 installed)
- Safari 5.1.10 (6534.59.10)
- The expected behavior of Template-Functions like startDrag, b4startDrag, onStartDrag doesn't apply. It seems they are not called. In general there is a big difference to console.log(this) between overriding Templates of Ext.panel.Panel and Ext.draw.Component.
- follow https://fiddle.sencha.com/fiddle/2dg/preview
- open Browser-Console
- move Sencha-Icon around (try - it doesn't move also...)
- Should log in console: "startDrag", "b4startDrag" and "onStartDrag"
- Icon should move around
- Doesn't output log because related template-functions are not called
- Icon is not draggable around
11 Jan 2014 7:35 AM #2
Thanks for the report. I'm not sure you are utilizing the API correctly in your Fiddle. You are configuring your Ext.draw.Component object with a ddGroup and groups, which don't seem to be valid configurations for it. Further, the draggable configuration should be boolean or a ComponentDragger object. The ComponentDragger does not list events for startDrag, b4startDrag, or onStartDrag. It does offer the following (among others) which might prove helpful: dragstart, beforestart, drag.Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our human resources manager: email@example.com
11 Jan 2014 3:20 PM #3
Thanks for response
... is there a Link I can easily understand what you are talking about ?
I didn't search for my way to do this terrible mistake - but I think there is a reason. Maybe you can see this if you review related docs.
I remember, I got problems by building a cardgame where I try to generate draggable items within a template (instead known DOM-Docs) to get in DOM of draggable items known by extjs.
That was the reason I thought about: It is a game - games uses Sprites and no Items :-)
I think my real problem causes on terrible grown item-objects (100-200) all are on one page:
But I cannot figure out what is the real way to do this - for me it is the right way because the difference from draggable Panels to Draw Components is not significantly - isn't it ?
Finaly also this wasn't my solution I hoped for.
Maybe you can give me a direction to go forward thinking ... (it is not needed to find a complete solution for me - I cannot see the borders/envision this the right way - this is where I need help)...
I gave up at the moment - and I understand community isn't able to have Ideas for the above linked discussion.