Thread: With Sencha Desktop Package discontinued - does SA have a future?

Answers

Default Answered: With Sencha Desktop Package discontinued - does SA have a future?

At SenchaCon 2013 (less than 6 months ago!) I went to a couple of Sencha Desktop Packager sessions. I left with the impression that SDP was a viable way forward to bring HTML5/JS applications to the Desktop as native apps.
    I don't know when between SenchaCon and now the discontinuation of SDP was announced, but boy am I glad I didn't jump on that train.

Question: does this mean that we will see a slow death of Architect that relies on SDP?!?

/Mattias

2. Quote Originally Posted by tangix View Post
    At SenchaCon 2013 (less than 6 months ago!) I went to a couple of Sencha Desktop Packager sessions. I left with the impression that SDP was a viable way forward to bring HTML5/JS applications to the Desktop as native apps.
    I don't know when between SenchaCon and now the discontinuation of SDP was announced, but boy am I glad I didn't jump on that train.

Question: does this mean that we will see a slow death of Architect that relies on SDP?!?

/Mattias
    No.. the SDP team has been rolled into the SA team which works out great.

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tangix View Post

/Mattias
    Jason Minnick
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jminnick View Post
    OK - glad to hear. Too bad SDP was discontinued as a product though - SDP seemed to be a nice product and the competition have died completely by the look of those abandoned web-pages.