Thread: No theme graphics in Internet Explorer

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default Answered: No theme graphics in Internet Explorer

I don't know if this is related to the framework or Architect, but since I experience the same issue with both ExtJS and Touch, this seems to be the most apropriate place to post.

Whenever I try to run my project from my project folder, solid colors are displayed instead of gradients in the framework elements. I can understand this for older versions of IE that doesn't support gradients, rounded corners etc., but this doesn't apply to IE 10/11 and shouldn't be an issue with Sencha Touch as it doesn't support older IE versions anyway.

I was hoping this would corret itself once I tried to build my webapp with the new build tools introduced with Sencha Architect, but from what I can see so far it doesn't seem to make a difference. What I also find strange is that I cannot find anyone else having this issue, yet it applies to all my projects using any version of ExtJS, Touch and Architect.

What am I doing wrong?

2. Normal preview won't work in IE, since the themes need to be sliced (e.g you need to run a Build). Here is a classic theme with pink tabs rendering in IE6.

Attachment 47486

Answers

Normal preview won't work in IE, since the themes need to be sliced (e.g you need to run a Build). Here is a classic theme with pink tabs rendering in IE6.

Screen Shot 2014-01-08 at 2.52.51 PM.png

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Thanks. That was what I thought too, but I don't see why it shouldn't work with IE 10 and beyond though. As far as I know, css gradients, ronded corners etc. are rendered as good as in any Webkit-based browser for IE10/11.

Answers

Yeah, I am not sure to be honest. You could probably get more feedback about that on the Framework section of the forum. Perhaps there are still some rendering quirks on the newer IE version as well.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

To be honest, I don't have my experience in using Sencha Cmd yet, but after removing deprecated methods and cleaning up my code, I finally managed to successfully build my first webapp with the Architect build tools.

Unfortunantly, the problem persists in the compiled app. Gradients in Cupertino classic is still rendered in a solid grey color

What am I doing wrong? Is there something else I need to do besides "Build web app"? I've read the doumentation for save, preview and build in Architect 3, but I see no mention of it.

Answers

afaik, you're doing everything right in Architect. This might be a potential framework bug.