Thread: Using Scenes and Actions

Sencha User

Default Using Scenes and Actions

Hi there,

I'm having some difficulty using Actions with Scenes. My goal is to animate 2 scenes that flow from one to the other when their timelines complete playing.

It's my understanding that I can select a scene, then choose an action for what happens when the scene ends. Here is a diagram of what I'm trying to achieve, and how I'm currently doing it. Am I missing something?

I have selected scene 1, and in the actions panel chosen the option to progress to the next scene when scene 1 ends. When I preview the animation, scene 1 plays through, and does not progress.

actionDiagram.png

Sencha User

Hi cabbas,

That is indeed how it should work. Two things to check:

- are the scenes in question positioned in the proper sequence (scene 1 is above the scene 2 in the scene panel)? If not, you can rearrange them.
    - when previewing, are you using 'Preview Scene - Cmd+Enter' or 'Preview Animation - Shift+Cmd+Enter'? If you are previewing only the scene, it will not progress to another scene. When testing scene transitions, you should preview entire animation.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Sencha User

Thanks Miro, I didn't realize that there was a difference between preview types! Yes, the scenes are arranged in the correct order. Something is definitely happening now, but not quite what I'm looking for... The process/behavior now is:

1. Press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER to preview my scenes.
    2. Scene 1 plays from start to finish.
    3. Scene 1 disappears from the stage, Scene 2 never starts.

I spoke with a developer earlier about a different project file we worked on, and when he was looking at my exported files (export for embedding) he noticed there was an event at the end of my scene that was preventing it from ending properly. Could this also be the case in this instance? I feel there may be a property or checkbox somewhere that is messing me up.

I just did a test with a simple, new scene, and I'm able to make the scenes change perfectly!

Sencha User

Update:

I'm not sure if this helps, but I determined that if I use Actions > End > Go to next scene, my first scene starts and ends, but holds on the last frame and does not progress to the next scene.

If I use Actions > End > Go to scene > Scene 2, my first scenes disappears, and the next scene does not start.

Sencha User

Default I'm having a similar issue...

Im my case, the 3 first scenes are playing normally, after the third scene ends it doesn't move further to the next scene. I have a total of 8 scenes and from the third one i have duplicated them all.

Have you found the solution for this problem?

Sencha User

I'm suspecting that this could be a conflict with some other action set in the scene or timeline somewhere.

Would any of you be willing to share the project that is not working? Then I can take a close look and try to resolve the issue, as I can't replicate it with a new project. If you can share your project send me a PM.

Sencha User

Well, I have just found out the problem...

I had a layer which I have hidden, because I wasn't using anymore, after deleting this layer, the scene played correctly!

Now I'm using only what I really need in each scene, discarding the useful assets on the timeline!

Thank you!