Thread: An unexpected error occurred Uncaught Type Error trying to create new project

Default An unexpected error occurred Uncaught Type Error trying to create new project

version: 3.0.2.1375
    channel: 3.0.1-stable
    platform: 1.3.0.795
    cmd: 4.0.2.67
    framework: Ext JS 4.2.x

OSX 10.8.5

Java Version 1.7.0_45

Hi

Not used SA in a while, decided to start a new project from scratch today, however, Build Web App button permanently disabled.
    When I go to Project Settings and set up the Url Prefix and Publish Path and press the Save button I get An unexpected error occurred Uncaught Type Error cannot read property 'root' of undefined. I can then only restart SA and its a circle.

Reviewed params of older projects (these being pre-latest release) and these still compile and run ok.

Any clues on how I can reset SA and avoid this issue?

Thanks

Kevin

Sencha User
    Answers

Do you know which field (URL Prefix or Project Path) is causing the error? Can you try just populating one of them then hitting save?
    Jason Minnick
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

I happened to me and it seemed weird. What I did was to let empty the "publish pah" and when I clicked on "save" a new dialog windows appeared. I filled what it asked me and now I could create the project.

The problem I believe for me is that there was a disk I/O issue with Finder. When I killed and restarted finder the performance of my Mac recovered to normal level. It is possible that the project files had not been fully created before trying to edit settings