Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
Store filter doesn't seem to work (combobox example)
Repro: ExtJs 4.2.1, Strict docType
Browser: Chrome 32.0.1700.107 m, IE11
Problem: When setting filter on combo store, either numeric or string, the filtered records are not as expected. More exactly, when setting filter on value 2, I get all records with the filter property value 2, but also 20, 200, ... And it doesn't matter if I defined the model fields as int type or leave the default string. It is repro also on custom stores, that are extending Ext.data.Store.
Steps to repro:
1. Run fiddle: https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/3jv
2. Select from category combo any category
3. Open the sub category combo and check the filtered values
The result that was expected:
1. If I choose Cat 2, I should see only Subcat 2.
2. If I choose Cat 3, I should see only Subcat 3.
The result that occurs instead:
1. If I choose Cat 2, I see Subcat 2 and Subcat 20.
2. If I choose Cat 3, I see Subcat 3, Subcat 30 and Subcat 300.
Let me know if you need more info.
Best regards, Luk
In the current version, the filter defaults to a filter that essentially matches ^value. This is by design.
Twitter - @evantrimboli
So you mean the only possible workaround is setting filter like this:
Ok, thanks, I haven't dig deep enough to find about this...
subCatStore.filter('category_id', new RegExp('^'+newValue+'$'));