Thread: Newbue : Getting started guide

Sencha User

Default Newbue : Getting started guide

Dear EXTjs community;

I am new to extjs . I followed the steps in the following URL ( Getting started guide) :

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.2/#...etting_started

using MacOS machine and after step 3 I run sencha web start I got an empty web page.

I did : sencha app build

I got the following error:-WRN] unable to locate files for external reference : /Users/siddigdongola/testext/Myapp/app.js[WRN] scope is /Users/siddigdongola/testext/Myapp/build/temp/production/Myapp/sencha-compiler/app
    [INF] Concatenating output to file /Users/siddigdongola/testext/Myapp/build/temp/production/Myapp/sencha-compiler/cmd-packages.js
    [INF] Adding external reference : @full-page => @overrides
    [INF] Loading classpath entry /Users/siddigdongola/testext/Myapp/build/temp/production/Myapp/sencha-compiler/cmd-packages.js
    [ERR] Failed to resolve dependency Myapp.Application for file Myapp.app.$Application
    [ERR]
    [ERR] BUILD FAILED
    [ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.ExNotFound: Unknown definition for dependency : Myapp.Application
    [ERR]
    [ERR] Total time: 3 seconds
    [ERR] The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/siddigdongola/testext/Myapp/.sencha/app/build-impl.xml:367: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/siddigdongola/testext/Myapp/.sencha/app/js-impl.xml:11: com.sencha.exceptions.ExNotFound: Unknown definition for dependency : Myapp.Application

---------

I tried this on a linux box, windows PC and following the steps literally is not working.

However without using sencha CMD , and using netbeans , the same java script in Application.js works.

Please advise.

DidiAuh

Sencha User

Which version of Sencha Cmd are you using? Which version of ExtJS?

Sencha Premium User

Hit this old post after getting the exact same error message in ExtJS 6.6.0. In case anyone else finds themselves here, my issue was that I'd put the Application.js file (containing "Ext.define('MyApp.Application', {" etc.) in the root folder rather than the app/ folder.