Thread: Function.interceptBefore causing errors

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default Function.interceptBefore causing errors

Has anyone else had Ext.Function.interceptBefore cause runtime errors? I use this as a debugging tool in applications that I'm unfamiliar with. I intercept all the functions and print a console line to visualize the flow of the application through the code. I have noticed in some controllers this causes errors however, for instance, variables not being assigned when they are attempted directly before calling the function to be intercepted.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had any similar issues, if there is any existing fixes, is this a known bug?

Thanks!

Answers

I've not heard of that error. If you have a test case definitely post it to the bugs forum:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/forumdis...hp?80-Ext-Bugs

Also, if you're just needing to see when a method is called you can use the console's monitor method like:
    monitor(Ext.panel.Panel.prototype.expand);
    to see anytime expand is called - unmonitor to stop.

May be too lightweight for what you're wanting to do, but thought I'd mention it.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Thanks for the reply slemmon!

I tried to find a reference to this console monitor method but couldn't find one. I would like to try it out. Can you give me an example usage? It appears my console doesn't have a .monitor()

Working on a test case to reproduce the error consistently.

Thanks